For those of you who don’t know yet, I recently got engaged and will be marrying Brooks on Saturday, May 2nd, 2015! We are so excited and can’t wait to be husband and wife! And since we are officially engaged and getting married in less than six months, wedding planning has officially started!
So when it came time to officially ask my best girlfriends to stand beside me and be my bridesmaid, I wanted to do something fun and creative, while it also related to the theme of our wedding. And if you know me well, you know how OBSESSED I am with anything that Kate Spade designs and/or sells. Kate Spade’s style is timeless, fun, and so bold. But most importantly, I LOVE the look of her brand and marketing efforts! Kate Spade’s brand is know for using bold colors and patterns mixed with creative quotes. So I’m sure you can already figure it out…that our wedding is going to be Kate Spade inspired!
I hope you all enjoy this little peek into how I did my Do It Yourself Kate Spade Inspired “Be My Bridesmaid” Boxes.
First off, I got some inspiration from this fabulous blog post featured on Style Me Pretty (click here to see!)
Second, I grabbed my Mom and we headed off to Hobby Lobby to start shopping for materials to make the boxes. Here’s what we grabbed:
- Paper Mache Boxes – We used different shapes for mailing purposes since two of my bridesmaids live in different cities.
- Pink Glittered Tulle – Note: the glitter gets everywhere, so be careful! See similar by clicking here
- Gold Glittered Tulle – Note: the glitter gets everywhere, so be careful! See similar by clicking here
- Black & White Stripped Ribbon
- Ring Napkin Holders – We got two packs of these.
- Black & White Tissue Paper
- Pink & Gold Decorative Shredded Paper
- White Tags – This is where I wrote a personal note on the box to each girl saying “Will you help me tie the knot?”
As for the goodies inside, here is what I included:
- Kate Spade Knot Earrings – “Will you help me tie the KNOT?”…Get the theme?
- Essie Nail Polish in “Bachelorette Bash”
- Freixenet Mini Champagne Bottle – Purchased them locally from Party Mart!
- Champagne Glass
- Custom “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” Cookies made by Marlene Neal at The Village Baker, Casey Jones Village.
The boxes were so fun to make and I really enjoyed spending time with my Mom while we put these together! I’m happy to say that all my girls said “YES” and will be standing by my side as I marry Brooks! Big thanks to Style Me Pretty for inspiring me to get creative with my wedding planning! Here’s hoping this inspires you and all my future brides as well to have fun with the wedding planning process!